If you’re a pet owner, then you know the struggle of keeping your animal friends clean and happy. But we are here to save the day! Below are 12 suggestions as to
- Give them fresh water daily. It is important to keep their food and water dishes full of fresh, cold water at all times. This will encourage them to drink more often, which will in turn make it easier for you to spot when they need a bathroom break.
- Place their food dish next to their water dish. This will encourage your animals to eat and drink at the same time. If you have multiple pets, then consider placing their food and water dishes in an area where all can see/use them.
- Talk to them. Some pets are very sensitive to noise and will become more stressed when exposed to crowds of people or other dogs. These can be great places for you to practice handling interactions with your pet, as well as working on how you respond to different situations.
- Teach them tricks! This does not mean teach those tricks for the public, but for you and for each other. As humans, we tend to forget that our pets are living, breathing creatures. Therefore, it is important for them to become cognizant of their surroundings.
- Fill their water bowl on the way out of the house. This will encourage them to drink more and keep them from drinking from the toilet.
- Make sure they have a healthy diet. One of the biggest problems many pet owners face is that they feed their animals anything they want to eat. However, this will cause many health problems later down the road such as obesity or diabetes.
- Keep their nails trimmed. This helps with cleanliness, and it also prevents them from hurting themselves if they try to claw at something.
- Remember that they have unique personalities. This means different things to different people, such as opinions on cooperative behavior. While it’s important for you to know what does and does not work for your pets, you should be careful when determining what is best for your animal friends.
- Don’t forget their toys! Children know the importance of toys in a pet’s life. However, parents tend to forget about these small gadgets when showing a new puppy around the house.
- It’s OK to clean their ears once in a while. It’s important to remember that like humans, dogs and cats can also suffer from dry ears.
These are just 12 simple suggestions you can use in order to keep your animals clean, happy and healthy. Remember to take into account the individual needs of your Dog grooming Miami, how they behave in certain situations, and if they fit your schedule.