Bird spikes and pigeon spikes are a simple and effective solution for deterring birds and pigeons from roosting or perching above your shop or business door ways and walk ways. Birds naturally like to perch in areas where they can spot if any food has been dropped in pedestrian areas. This is quite natural but can be an unwelcome experience for both staff and customers when bird poop is everywhere, even dropped from above on their heads. This creates a bad experience both for humans as well as for architecture that gets marred and eroded by such things. However, there are a few solutions that can safely deter birds from perching without causing them any harm.
One such solution is the installation of bird spikes or pigeon spikes onto window ledges and other ledges which attract the gathering of birds and pigeons.
Here is a list of sequential steps and things to consider for the installation and fitting of bird spikes once you have purchased and received them.
- Spikes do not hurt birds – they just protect against pigeons from landing. They’re accepted by nearly EVERY humane group in the world, including The Humane Society and PICAS.
- All locations that you mean to stick the spikes onto need to be treated and cleaned up, guaranteeing that that the main surfaces are clean, dry, and free from pigeon droppings.
- Squeeze the pigeon spike fixing silicone generously onto the base of the spike (about as thick as your pinky; thicker if the surface area of the step is unequal).
- Stick the base of the spike level with the side of the pipe or walk, so that there’s a minor overhang of the spike pins. Press the base down firmly so that the glue oozes out with the little holes.
- If the gap behind the initial spike is greater than 2 1/2 inches, pigeons will certainly get in behind them. It will certainly as a result be needed to place another row of spikes into this area to obstruct it.
- For extremely large ledges, 3 or even more rows of spikes will certainly be needed. Keep in mind: make certain the space between rows is no greater than 2 1/2 inches.
- Grooves along the base of the spike allow them to snap right into sections to fit little voids.
- Very crucial: spikes will certainly quit pigeons from resting on a step; nevertheless, if there is a hole in the eaves, or a tooth cavity in the house’s exterior behind the spikes, pigeons will usually compel their means past the spikes in an initiative to enter that opening. Basically a spike in front of a hole will not stop the pigeon. Every effort needs to be made to obstruct the accessibility to this opening or room. You might be able to seal that hole with wire mesh, as an example. Please note prior to blocking the hole you need to guarantee that there are no pigeons that may be caught.
- Every initiative must be made to spike all feasible landing websites. Snap spikes right into items to end up off rows or spike tiny pipes, and so on.
- If a spike is damaged, replace it as quickly as possible.
Total Bird Control Bird Spikes as well as Pigeon Spikes have actually been developed with the installer in mind. The ease as well as simplicity of their installation means anybody with a basic grasp of home improvements can finish the task of bird proofing their house or business buildings. Installment is effective as well as fast without requirement for employing pricey expert bird control companies. No complicated measurements, professional tools or expert knowledge is required.
Bird and Pigeon Spike Installment
The very first step is to access the area that requires to be bird proofed and examine that it is risk-free to reach without damaging yourself or others. Please ask a specialist bird spike contractor, handyman or installer to offer you a quote if you have any type of uncertainties at all.
The type of Bird Spike or Pigeon Spike to make use of will depend upon the size of the area or step that requires bird proofing. It will likewise rely on what type of bird invasion you have. Pigeons that utilize your residential or commercial property awhile of daytime perching will not need as aggressive a bird spike as a location that is made use of for overnight roosting and nesting.
For tiny narrow steps with a deepness of up to 4 inches and a light problem of birds, there are 2 types of bird spike, the Plastic Pigeon Spike as well as the Stainless Steel Bird Spike Both are as efficient as the other in hindering birds nonetheless the stainless steel variation does come with a much longer warranty. For larger walks you might intend to take into consideration using 2 or more rows. Take a look at the different bird spike products offered.
Kinds of Bird Spikes
The kind of Bird Spike or Pigeon Spike to use will certainly depend on the dimension of the area or ledge that requires bird proofing. Pigeons that utilize your residential or commercial property for a bit of daytime perching will not require as aggressive a bird spike as an area that is used for overnight roosting as well as nesting. For additional information contact Total Bird Control, TBC Nationwide Office, Highfield Farm, Middle Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 0DX, United Kingdom on 0121 695 9076. Stick the base of the spike level with the side of the pipe or ledge, so that there’s a minor overhang of the spike pins. Really crucial: spikes will stop pigeons from sitting on a ledge; nevertheless, if there is a hole in the eaves, or a tooth cavity in the house’s outside behind the spikes, pigeons will usually compel their way past the spikes in an initiative to get right into that hole. Snap spikes into pieces to end up off rows or spike little pipelines, etc.